This is my first attempt at making Teriyaki Sauce.
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
1 hour, 15 min
- 1/3 Granny Smith Apple
- 1x1x2 Ginger Root (sliced across the fibers)
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Honey
- 1 cup Pineapple Juice
- 3/4 cup Soy Sauce
This is my first attempt at making Teriyaki Sauce. The stuff you buy from the store I really can’t tell apart from regular Soy Sauce, so far. We have a couple of local restaurants that make great sauce, but I wanted to try BBQing some at home.
This first attempt I think is too sweet, but is a good start, but I haven’t yet grilled with it.
I think the next time I try it I will use half the honey, and a cup of cilantro to blend up. Possibly 2tsp of coarse ground pepper.
- Peel and remove seeds from apple.
- Peel ginger and slice across the fibers.
- Peel garlic cloves.
- Place the above into a blender with water, and blend well.
- Add all ingredients to sauce pan over high heat.
- When it starts steaming, turn down to 8. Be careful, it
more foams up rather than boiling, it can quickly boil over.
- As it starts boiling, turn it down to 4.
- Simmer for an hour, until it reduces by at least half.